cambelt help....

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc

Moderator:Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
james butler
fill in the right answer:10
Re: cambelt help....

Post by james butler » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:31 am

the simple way to do it is to mark up with a paint pen where all the pulleys are and put the new belt back on in the exact same position.
if the car ran fine before dont try and mess with it as you will make it worse.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!

sciroccnoob
fill in the right answer:15

Re: cambelt help....

Post by sciroccnoob » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:58 pm

So as it turns out it wasn't me trousers up!! At least not in the way I thought.

I couldn't get it running nicely after triple checking timing marks and adjusting dizzy, but no cigar.

Apparently the dizzy was shorting somewhere? Didn't have a chance to pick up the car before they closed to ask them to show me or describe in more detail, but there you go!

Has anybody had that issue before and can gleam more information? Sorry if this is a noob question, though the name would check out.