Project 21A

Scirocco Register members projects

Moderator:Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
markh
fill in the right answer:15
Re: Project 21A

Post by markh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:20 am

Reverend Frog wrote:right enough Mark, that does look very very very very very very very very dark blue as opposed to black. Did you buy it from Father Ted's Vinyl Supplies?!
Feel free to delete this, it isn't exactly pertinent to the thread!
It looked black in the shop Rich, but it's definately very very very dark blue! Craggy Island Vinyl Supplies to be precise, turn left at St Kevins Stump and it's on the right. :hugegrin:

Cheers Jake.

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !

markh

Post by markh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:28 pm

A spare couple of hours this morning sees the new cam seal and cam belt fitted. The belt didnt look that old, but it was contaminated with oil from the cam seal leak, so i changed it anyway. Stripped down ready for the new parts....

Then built it back up, painted the rocker cover and upper belt cover and ditched the bolt on K&N air filter and fitted a standard airbox (cheers Kieran) with a new filter...

Just need to recheck the ignition timing with a strobe light now. Also want to finish cleaning up the engine bay and paint the rad fan cowling.
Another big step forward was to fit a decent set of seats, these are early mk2 seats and the rear seats have the split upper back bench, so i need to tack weld a plate with some studs fitted to secure it, and the lower bench doesnt have the two metal tabs that are screwed to the car, so il have to make a pair of these too, easy enough to do. It looks a million times better inside now. :good:

I think this is almost finished now... :swoon: :dance:

Reverend Frog

Post by Reverend Frog » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Wow, early GTI seats, uber rare! Where'd you pick those babies up??

Previously owned:
1988 1.6 GT
1989 1.8 GT
1982 1.6 GTI
1993 Corrado VR6

markh

Post by markh » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Ive recently bought a full, black leather interior for one of the other project cars Rich, so this is the one that was spare, so to speak. Its in great condition too, no wear , just a bit grubby.

markh

Post by markh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Set the ignition timing today, it was well out !! also weakened the CO a bit and its running loads better now. I made a small bracket to secure the upper split backrest on the rear seat. It needs a bit of colour on it now....

Then gave it a good hoover out and clean inside...