Scirocco mk2 gti x reg

Scirocco Register members projects

Moderator:Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
breezespeed
Re: Scirocco mk2 gti x reg

Post by breezespeed » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Oh yes... please send me some pic's and depending on cost and location we my do a deal.

Spent today ripping out the interior and cleaning and hovering everything to try and rid it of the stench of dog and fags.

Once the seats were removed i discovered not only a half chewed bone but also two used sample bottles, which was nice.....

Funky Diver
fill in the right answer:10

Post by Funky Diver » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm actually quite drawn to that seat fabric :P

Getting rid of the Tan (Storm Leather) in mine.. it's too... Tan

breezespeed

Post by breezespeed » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:38 pm

Took the spare out had a a good look at it and it looks like the original tyre and wheel and they've never been used.

Had a go at removing the rust stains from the sill, it came up ok but could use another going over.

Started to scrub the seats a bit late in the day so try to dry them like this...

...but when the sun went down i didn't want to leave them out for the cold night air so i smuggled them in here next to a radiator....

Should be ok as long as she don't need a pea when she let the cat out.

brass007

Post by brass007 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Breezespeed,

I'm based off J14 M6
I believe your Shrewsbury based so pretty local.
Could bring over the dashboards for you to view as long as I get to sit in the GTI
PM Mark.H though to see what he's got blue interior wise as sure he's still got bits and bobs.

Mark
AKA
Brass007

Royalrocket A.K.A Ferocio owned by an 8 year old! With RAG and Dr Dub Storm for company!!!

DT1

Post by DT1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:53 pm

If you really want to get rid of the cigarette smell you'll have to remove the whole interior eventually.

I had to remove the carpets, clean behind the dash and remove the plastic air inlet pipes for one car as well as the seats and trim panels.

Unfortunately, the one place you can't clean (without some effort) is behind the headliner.

Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:09 pm

DT1 wrote:the one place you can't clean (without some effort) is behind the headliner.
And that's where the stench sits....!!!

If you smoke, it's not so bad withy your own cigarette filth dirtying the car... BUT there's nothing worse than somone elses faggy stench.

Another one you may never think about too... seat belts!! Think about where they sit and where your nose is :swoon:

breezespeed

Post by breezespeed » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Right, a quick update.

All the seats have finaly dried out and are all back in the car. They do smell a bit sweeter but theres still a bit of a pong, so it was off to Kevin Halfords in search of a sweeter smell.

I now roll whilst inhaleing fruit berries as apposed to fags, dog and pee pee.

A liberal coating of feb-breeze on all things fabricy also seems to of helped.

It's now taxed for six months and i got that done the day before it went up, :yahoo: and i also invested in a rather funky tax disc holder that features a cut away picture of a mk1 golf from a Haynes manual.

It's been used for traveling to work since it was taxed and i always try and come home along the by-pass to give it some welly and it's running realy well.

The exhaust tone is fantastic, it had a new exhaust just before it was parked up so theres no worries there.

I treated my little helper to a soaking in a heavy storm up a hill yesterday, and we went in the Scirocco

breezespeed

Post by breezespeed » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:02 pm

So i was in the pub last night enjoying an Easter Guinness or two, when this old boy comes over to me and starts talking Volkswagens.

He's obviously aware of my weakness for all things VW and mentions that he's got an old Golf convertible for sale.

Now, im not gay or owt but i've always fancied one of these, so this morning i've been to have a look and it turns out that it's not just any old Golf soft top but one of he last Rivarge ones of which only 500 were made.

Now the trouble is i do quite fancy this motor but i would have to sell the Scirocco to fund it.

The problem is i don't really know what to ask for the Scirocco. I know what i would like for it but i don't think i would get it.

So before i put it on Ebay for it to find it's own price i thought maybe someone on here who knows more about these cars than myself may have a suggestion as to what to ask.

So what do you think?

Junglist

Post by Junglist » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:41 pm

I'll give you 200 for it! :chortle:

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage

the edmundator

Post by the edmundator » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 am

I would have thought you'd get between £1000 and £1500 for it, but your best bet would be a decent advert on eBay with no reserve. There will be sufficient interest to ensure it makes what it's worth if you advertise it properly.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX

Junglist

Post by Junglist » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 am

I think over a grand's ambitious with it needing a lot of work on the interior and a fair chunk of rust underneath even though it's not severe. I'd guess it'd get close though. Definitely way over 500.

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage

markh
fill in the right answer:15

Post by markh » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:05 pm

A grand isnt out of the question for such a low mileage ,original car. Speaking with my Scirocco head on, screw the cabby, keep the Rocco !!!! :hugegrin:

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !

Reverend Frog
fill in the right answer:15

Post by Reverend Frog » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Totally agree with Mark, Golf cabbies are nice but this is so much rarer

Previously owned:
1988 1.6 GT
1989 1.8 GT
1982 1.6 GTI
1993 Corrado VR6

breezespeed

Post by breezespeed » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:37 pm

So the throttle stuck open the other day, just as she clicked over the 50,000 miles, and on a closer look it was discovered that the bush in the top of the pedal was made of cheese and had crumbled away.

Heres the new one from those nice chaps at Volkswagen for £6 next to whats left of the old one...

And here it is fitted tidy like...

Should be even faster now...

Junglist

Post by Junglist » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:18 pm

That happened to me on my way home from Slumdog's workshop in blackpool when the head was done. Had to shove an elastic band in the hole to get me home! Luckily the one in the scrapper was fine. Did poo myself a bit though! Why did they pick cheese as the material to make bushes from? Very strange! Ha ha.

ImageImage