My Valver

Scirocco Register members projects

Moderator:Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
Boumsong
fill in the right answer:10
My Valver

Post by Boumsong » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Day one: Home from Derby and a quick photo in the sun.

Looks a bit like a monster truck!

Shortly after is was on with some spare shocks I had in the garage and better brake calipers. It dropped 60mm at the front and 40 at the back.

Then had the bonnet flocked, just for the pimp factor (still got the rood and dash waiting to be done)

Shortly after this I needed more power..Lots more power.

The old genuine 56000miler 1.6 carb'd lump was dropped out the bottom;

And the loverly new valver went in the top;

At this point, the brake lines where renewed, the servo was spaced out to allow for dizzy cap clearence, the cambelt and tensioners where changed, along with every other gasket I could get hold of.

Zoom forward a month or two and this is where we are, more engine work; Supersprint exhaust manifold and 3" link pipe into a standard centre to try and keep the volume down a bit into a custom backbox with a 50mm exit pipe thats about 2 foot long. Looks awesome!

Coilovers and liberal coatings of copper grease;

Stiff chassis much? Yes?! Love it!
The drivers side has been lifted around 4" by the jack and the passenger side rear has followed it up, loverly and stiff.

The front has gone down around 110mm from standard height and the rears are around the same, maybe 100mm or so.

Anyways, then it needed tarting up a little, so add a splash of color to match the hubs and a few other little details

And now I'm experimenting with vinyl/stickers whilst waiting for a few other shiney bits to arrive in the post..Mainly front wheel spacers and some better quality product for dressing the tires up.

2k Painter and Powdercoater

Boumsong

Re: My Valver

Post by Boumsong » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:10 pm

2k Painter and Powdercoater

Ryan

Re: My Valver

Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Dude - get them on the car before that spider sets up shop in them!

Octavia elegance kombi TDI