PROJECT FECKO-The Rebuild.

Scirocco Register members projects

Moderator:Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
markh
fill in the right answer:15
PROJECT FECKO-The Rebuild.

Post by markh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:19 pm

Ok, i bought her back from the insurance company and had been unsure what i was going to do with her. Then last week a mate from work, asked i would let him know if i was selling her, so i had a think about it and a couple of days later the deal is done. He also asked if i would repair it for him, so here goes another thread.......

So today, starts off with stripping down the replacement door, which has now gone off for paint. Then its off with the front bumper and lights, so the damaged wing could be replaced......

The old wings off and everythings tip top on the underside, no damage and nothing bent :good: ......

So, on goes the replacement ( which luckily is the right colour) with new sealant, lined up and tightened down. The plastic arch still needs to be fitted, as does the inner wing liner, but it looks good so far. You can see the damage to the edge of the bonnet too here, and its not as bad as i first thought.....

I dont think the door will get painted until next week sometime, so i will probably carry on working on Project 21a in the meantime.

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !

markh

Re: PROJECT FECKO-The Rebuild.

Post by markh » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:55 pm

As i've had the ok off the insurance to use it again, albeit only 3rd party insured until its repaired and VIC tested, i decided that as it was a dry day, to refit the front wheel arch and bumper..

First off stick the arch back with copious amounts of Tigerseal, and clamp everthing in place...

Then i spend a couple of hours working on 21a while the Tigerseal starts to dry. Then later refit the front bumper and connect the fog lights up.

Then i gave her a good spray with underseal before refitting the inner arch liner.
She's beginning to look almost like her old self again. Hopefully i should get the newly painted replacement drivers door back some time next week.

markh

Post by markh » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Today i got the freshly painted drivers door back and cracked on with fitting it. The guys done a great job with it too, cost £80 for a total inside and out colour change. :good:

I just need to refit the rubbing strip, but i'l give it a week or so while the paint cures properly. Hopefully she can go for her re-MOT some time next week and then i'l book her in for the VIC check. :hugegrin:

markh

Post by markh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Flew through her MOT today, with no advisories. Next job is the VOSA VIC test. :good:

DannyH
fill in the right answer:10

Post by DannyH » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Congrats mate :groove:

Danny

markh

Post by markh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks Danny !! :hi:

markh

Post by markh » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Time to close this thread down, the car is back on the road and off with its new owner. :hi:

brass007
fill in the right answer:10

Post by brass007 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Basically you have saved FECKO twice now
remember you picking it up locally in Cannock IIRC

hope the new owner looks after her as much as you did :buddy:

Royalrocket A.K.A Ferocio owned by an 8 year old! With RAG and Dr Dub Storm for company!!!