MrP's Big Block Experience!!!!

Scirocco Register members projects

Moderator:Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
MrP
MrP's Big Block Experience!!!!

Post by MrP » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:13 am

History: After driving polo's since I was 17 (I'm now 25!) I randomly bought a 1985 GTX advertised on clubpolo. I've always been mad about them since my first ever car related memory was helping my dad maintain his paprika red scala... I bought the rocco 1 week after doing a 12hour: lifting the engine by hand, full engine conversion on a polo I had purchased off my mate a few months earlier! I fell in love with the 'rocco even from the pictures and driving it brough back fond memories of borrowing my dads, the same scala. I bought the car there and then. I tweeked the car over the first few months with a full service, uprated speakers, alpine stero, K&N air filter, a uprated headlight loom with new bulbs throughout (inside and outside!) and finally electric windows. I then noticed the fuel consumtion was horrific with about 20mpg, I tried lots of things with no joy so went out and bought a 16 KR with 69k on the clock. About 3 days later some scumbag broke into my car and stole my stereo and damaged the interior and window.. So the car came off the road and I started stripping... That's where I still am...

Polo:

Rocco When I first bought her:

Fitted (then sold a corrado heated leather interior):

Fitted a cloth corrado interior:

Fitted reconned (brakes with uprated discs and pads):

Then started stripping!

And here's how it stands:

Boxes of spares / parts for conversions:

And thats how it stands, got loads more work do.. Tomorrow I'm planning on stripping the brakes!