would 17" fit?

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres

Moderator:Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
philiano
would 17" fit?

Post by philiano » Tue May 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Hey guys

I've been offered a set of 17" BBS alloys for my GT2 Rocco. Apparently theyre from a Corrado. Would they fit ok? My GT2 is as standard as they come, not lowered etc.

Thanx

Ryan
fill in the right answer:10

Re: would 17" fit?

Post by Ryan » Wed May 04, 2011 12:27 pm

First question would be whether they're off a VR6 or not (VR6 + 5 stud wheels).
If they are 4 stud, then find out how wide they are and what offest (ET) they have.

Report back accordingly, and a mk2 wheel guru will let you know - I know Tony had a set of 17's on his mk2 GTi that he recently sold, however, he admitted that the ride was trasformed once he reverted back to 15's! So it depends whether you are willing to sacrifice ride quality and handling for looks...

Octavia elegance kombi TDI

Col
fill in the right answer:10

Re: would 17" fit?

Post by Col » Wed May 04, 2011 5:14 pm

imo, anything over 16" will make a mk2 look a bit odd. even some 16's can look a bit rollerskate-like. i had 16x7.4 et25 ronals on and they fit fine but the offset meant that if i had someone /anything heavy in the back then they would hit the arches on bumps and dips, could be a similar story depending on the offset.

with 17's you'll need much lower profile tyres so the ride will be alot rougher too.