Reccomend me some tyres

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres

Moderator:Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Junglist
fill in the right answer:10
Re: Reccomend me some tyres

Post by Junglist » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Careful in the wet mate.

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage

MrD

Post by MrD » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Cheers Mate :D
Another friend has just said exactly the same thing,i do drive much more sensibly in the wet though,smashed my mk1 gti in the wet,so if nothing else it taught me to go easy,just hoping they are not prone to aquaplaning,as that scares the shizzle out of me

6 point cage,Koni`s,lower front brace,rear brace,goodridge hoses,4,2,1,supersprint back box,k+n,kent gs2h,vernier,skimmed and ported head,alloy fuel tank.catch tank,Short shift ,9A soon.

DT1

Post by DT1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:25 pm

I wouldn't say that they are prone to aquaplaning, but Sciroccos are so light and you (like me) have wider tyres giving even lower ground pressure that they are more likely to aquaplane if mishandled.

But as you say, you're used to a Mk1 so you should be OK.
Last edited by DT1 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Risocco

Post by Risocco » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Toyos are fan-bleedin-tastic mate and such a bargain, happy cornering! :pilot:

Alex

1983 GL
1986 GT
1994 Corrado VR6

MrD

Post by MrD » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Yeah i have never experienced anything quite like them,i think they are the icing on the cake,and everything just feels right now,could never get good grip booting it off of roundabouts,these just dig in and pull you out,they will take a bit of getting used to,as they sort of tram line a little on the rough roads i have been on so far,need to get on a track asap i think ,god know what it will be like when i get the new engine built up,had the biggest smile on my face since

6 point cage,Koni`s,lower front brace,rear brace,goodridge hoses,4,2,1,supersprint back box,k+n,kent gs2h,vernier,skimmed and ported head,alloy fuel tank.catch tank,Short shift ,9A soon.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:22 pm

T1- R on the BRM, the GTL and the 16v - great tyres and not a rip off either. wet weather? slow down.

Serial Rocco-ist.........

Junglist

Post by Junglist » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:52 pm

GTXTRA wrote:wet weather? slow down.
BORING!

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Junglist wrote:
GTXTRA wrote:wet weather? slow down.
BORING!
:roll: Better than being wrapped 'round a lampost in your pride and joy - or worse...

Octavia elegance kombi TDI

Junglist

Post by Junglist » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:38 pm

it was only a joke! :scratch:

ImageImage

MrD

Post by MrD » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:20 pm

I was wrapped round a leccy pole in my mk 1,aquaplaned,span 3 times,hit a leccy pole,that broke half way up and came down on the roof,sparks everywhere,smashed the window with me head,mate in pass seat,seat had bent behind mine,he smashed his wrist up,car was banana shaped,when the cops got there they were expecting dead bodies when they saw the car !!! I was doing 55 - 60 tops,all went in slow mo,and i could do fick all to pull it out,handbrake gears everything just useless,still drive down that road slowly 20 odd years later

Junglist

Post by Junglist » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Can't believe you've just recently got into quality tyres! Sounds horrible mate. Avoid budget at all costs from now on. :buddy:

ImageImage

MrD

Post by MrD » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:26 pm

I think if my memory serves me,that it was fitted with Semperit tyres,but it was also fitted with Koni yellow top adjustable,set on hard :blush:

Was also on a straight road,with a deep ditch one side,just got the n/s tyre in a puddle,and off it went,was a big puddle mind