wheels

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres

Moderator:Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
jond
fill in the right answer:15
wheels

Post by jond » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:24 pm

hi i am after a set of cheap wheels and tyres for my rocco and have found a set however unsure if they will fit my car is a 1988 gt and the ones i want to buy are listed as having a 100 pcd and an offset of et45 4 stud they are off an astra van will they fit cheers

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer:10

Re: wheels

Post by GTXTRA » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:46 pm

have a read here -

http://sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk/faq/ ... ch/wheels/

pcd is fine, offest means they'll tuck in - clearance issues potentially and you'll need to check if centre bore is ok , vw's of this type = 57.1mm.

Serial Rocco-ist.........

Nate
fill in the right answer:10

Re: wheels

Post by Nate » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:53 pm

vauxhalls have slightly smaller centre bore, but it's only very slight (0.5mm iirc) but easily bodged larger with a flapwheel on a drill. i did chuck a set of astra gte alloys on my scala when i first got it. needed them on in a hurry as i was going to a meet at the new inn and driving from yorkshire, and had a puncture and no money to fix it. put the wheel on by turning each bolt 1/2 a turn working my way round to slowly pull them on, was a bugger of a job getting them back off again though!

only pic of them fitted i've got in my photobucket, they look a bit silly, set way too far back in the arches. renault wheels are much closer to what you need, but they have a centre bore of (i think) 60mm, so you'd need spiggot rings to stop them wobbling

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3