WILL THEY FIT?

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres

Moderator:Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
mk2gt2
WILL THEY FIT?

Post by mk2gt2 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi folks

I'm very new here and need to jump straight in with a question about my '92 mk2 Scirocco GT2. This forum was recommended to me by another veedub enthusiast.

I'm looking to get some 15" BBS RS Style Alloys (cos I can't afford the real things) and the wheels of choice at the moment are 15x7" ET20 Dare DR-RS (http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/15_In...y_Wheels__3234) or failing that some Lenso BSX 15x7" ET38 (http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/..._bsx_ss;dia=15)

The plan is to get these fitted with some 195/45/15 tyres and eventually drop it on some nice coilovers

I've got a couple of questions if you guys can help? -

1 - Are these wheels suitable for my car in the first place?

2 - Are there any fitting issues I need to be aware of with these wheels? Particularly when lowered?

3 - What offset do I need for 7" wide rims? Is 20 too low? I want a bit of dish on them without rolling the arches if poss!

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated :beers:

Many thanks
James

haddock_n_chips
fill in the right answer:15

Re: WILL THEY FIT?

Post by haddock_n_chips » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:58 pm

In my experience anything over 40mm drop and you are going to start to have to look at removing the poo shields and rolling arches.

Can't comment on those particular alloys but had my red scala on standard 14" snowflakes at 60mm drop and they rubbed!

Mr funk might be able to help as he runs pretty wide bastards on the rear!

seanr68
fill in the right answer:10

Post by seanr68 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:03 pm

I've got 15x7 ats cups on mine, et28. Tyres are 195,50x15, i also have a 30-40 mil drop front and rear. I've had no problems with catching on the tubs/arches so, i think you should be ok.
By the way, i was looking at those wheels myself...i think they look the biz but remember to get some decent wheel wax on them as the finish may not be as durable as BBS....to be expected really as they are a great price for what you get. :good:

stu.gtx
fill in the right answer:10

Post by stu.gtx » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:48 pm

I had 195/50/15's on Azev A's ET25 with about 40mm drop and they used to catch on the back arch by quite a bit when there was a lot of weight in the back. Not sure if they'd have still caught if I'd had 195/45's on. Even choice of tyre manufacturer can make a difference though as the sidewalls can have slightly different taper to them.