mk2 dash removal

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through

Moderator: Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
whiteshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: mk2 dash removal

Post by whiteshark » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:51 am

James , brilliant write up. Made the job really easy as I have never had to remove a dash before. As my backyard is getting cleared I'm starting to break one of the Sciroccos as it had a crack free dash,

I made up this right angled screwdriver. This was to get access to the screw behind the centre air vent without having to pop it out

Its this screw here is the one you could miss, You might see a bit of light on it. If you have a 90 degree bit it works really well to get this screw out.

I also found it easier removing the under tray where the steering wheel is in order to remove the cables from the speedo by slowly pulling them off by hand from below.

Could one of the admin team post this as Jame's write up most have taken some time and im sure itll be of use to someone else having to tackle this job.
Last edited by whiteshark on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james butler

Post by james butler » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:48 am

whiteshark wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:51 am
Liam , brilliant write up. Made the job really easy as I have never had to remove a dash before.

Could one of the admin team post this as Liam's write up most have taken some time and im sure itll be of use to someone else having to tackle this job.
do you mean my write up joost?
james butler not liam?
just wondered who liam is?

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!

whiteshark

Post by whiteshark » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:11 pm

Was PM'ing Liam at the same time of writing this, all corrected. Thanks again James!!

DMW
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by DMW » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:23 am

Great write up thank you it really really helped - found this forum in google when typing in mk2 dash removal and just signed up to say thanks for putting that together, couldn’t have done it without the guide with pictures. Thanks again.